[Bond-users] User login and other issues

Jure Kodzoman kodzoman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 06:57:31 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 22:24 +1200, Dru wrote:
> i could ask username/password/port/database etc
> and then use that to login into postgresql. Then could disable
> certain
> widgets/forms based on the user role/username/group

I certainly like the direction in which that is moving, but it sounds
too good to be true :)

If i get you right, you would add an attribute to widget, which would
connect it to the role. It seems like a good idea (if that is it), but
then both widget disabled and hidden have to be possible, since hidden
will in most cases look ugly and break UI. It could be a really great
feature.

Also another question, somewhat connected to the previous issue.

Is it possible to rewrite the error messages DB throws out. I mean to
you and me "UPDATE ... not successful" might seam obvious, but clients
like clean error messages. Can they be defined somewhere somehow?

And last is there someway to make include? I mean if you reuse some
screens in different apps for various clients it's nice to have some
kind of "functions". I know it can be done by hand, but is there such
functionality inside bond?

PS congratiulations to Austrialia on beating us in the World cup. They
really deserverd a victory :)